Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in our Cookies Policy. This information includes but is not limited to:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
Use of and interaction with the Platform:
- To identify you, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyse the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- We use your month and year of birth to enable age restriction.
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
Improving and customizing the Platform and advertising:
- To analyse the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve services and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To show you ads on behalf of advertisers, we use information that you make available to us when you interact with the Platform (e.g. by listening, favoriting or creating playlists), including location data, together with information you provide to us through the Platform, e.g. demographic information, you choose to make available to us (such as your age or gender) directly or through third party services. This allows us to show you ads that are more relevant and interesting to you. Please note that we do not share personal data with advertisers. Instead, advertisers pre-define a specific audience by certain generic criteria (e.g. the city of residence, the age range, or the number of followers of an unidentified user) for a specific ad campaign. If your profile matches these generic criteria, we may choose to display a suitable ad to you. We may also display ads based on the content that you have recently viewed or searched. Before we may use location data from the app for the first time, your mobile device will generally ask you for permission first. In case you gave permission to do so, location based services in your device will collect location data for a couple of seconds. These will then be shared with us or a respective service provider.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.